IMHO* there is nothing more enjoyable than to chill over the weekend. Not doing anything at all suits me just fine. ;) Have spent a fair amount of today in bed – one of the nicest places to be when it’s cold outside. Got out of bed for lunch and to shower and then at about 2-ish to run outside to watch the snow flakes fall! It was pretty but the flurry lasted for only 10 minutes. Had planned to go to the gym for threadmill workout but laziness got the better of me. Anyways. I did finally get out of the house this evening as we had made plans to have jap with friends. Over ordered so it’s going to be leftover sushi and tempura for lunch tomorrow. We were so stuffed that we didn’t have space for macha. And now I’m in back bed again! Hehe. Snuggled under the sheets while writing this and watching the winter Olympics at the same time. Y’know there is only 1 representative from SEA! And he’s a 47 year old Thai national who’s a professor at Drexel. I was joking to okm that I should set up a skiing association back home so that I can represent Malaysia at Vancouver 2010! Going to watch the Citizen Kane dvd later. We recently began a Netflix subscription. It’s an online dvd rental outfit so you choose dvds from their online library which is massive. They send you one dvd at a time which you mail back to them once you’ve watched it. So far I’ve seen March of the Penguins, Blade Runner & Farewell to my Concubine this way. All very very good. Excellente. Two thumbs up!!! Next up I think I have some romantic comedies like the original ‘good bye girl’ and ‘roxanne’. Speaking of romance, Happy belated Valentines! We don’t usually celebrate but since we’re in USA land of over-commercial-ized holidays we decided to ‘do something’. Actually, okm did all the work. He went out and got all these romantic foods like chocolate, strawberries, cheese, oysters, caviar, etc. And in okm fashion, he probably went a little overboard. Fridge is still stuffed. Hehe. But we had fun without spending too much on a day that isn’t really ‘special’ in itself. Really, the people who have a happy valentines are those in the greeting cards, restaurant and florist businesses. To give you a picture how just how commercial Valentine’s is: The card rack in Target was filled with red cards the day after New Years … and on the 15th of February they were replaced with green St Pats cards. *roll eyes* I know more than one person who absolutely hates valentines. Hehe. I’m not a valentine grinch but I think it’s silly to wait ages for a table at a restaurant and pay $$$ for their 'special' valentine sets that every other couple is having. Having said all that, I got a v-day pressent for myself! :D I love my new spin shoes! They really make a difference when spinning ‘cos you take your feet through the whole cycle rotation. Martha and I have the same pair except hers are silver black. We also got these super cool cycle drink bottles which fit nicely into the bike’s bottle holder. Drinking from the spout is great ‘cos water flows out at the exact right speed. SO pleased.
19 February 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment