24 October 2006

Washington

I'm indifferent to politics but I love DC. Our most recent trip was last month - how time flies. It was cold and wet one day and beautiful the next. The day we arrived (the ugly day), I walked around Bridget's very hip neighbourhood trying to take in all the excitement and buzz that we don't get in Durham. In the evening, she had some interesting people from the SEA region over for dinner. I have never seen anyone cook so much in such a short time (enough leftovers for next 2 meals...) The next day, I went to the SPY museum and the Hirshorn Gallery - it's shaped like a donut and I saw a Miro painting and sculpture there (he's one of my fav artists). Had lunch in a park - which was lovely except that I got bitten by a mossie (geez). My other food exploits were a visit to Teaism (made famous by Rachel Ray) and Ethiopian for dinner. It was pretty good but I think I'd have enjoyed it more if we ddn't have to eat with hands. Well, enuf words - PIcs Anybody?


Sculpture in the Park


The Capitol

The Washington Monument ...hmm...

Bridget's Buka Puasa Spread


View of The Capitol from Union Station (pic taken dec'05)

2 comments:

aaron said...

e- that's the Washington Monument up there. . . or is National Monument your s-p-y name for it?

ab

lainey said...

*shhhhhhhhhhhhhh* *wink* *wink*