04 November 2006

Buenos Dias!

It's the weekend! yaaaaaaaaaay!

It's also son las siete y menos quarto!!! (wow! belum pukul tujuh lagi)

It's beeeeeeeeautiful outside and frrrrreeeeeeeeeezing! (or more accurately below freezing <32F)

I left the computer on last night as I was charging my ipod although I am quite a nerd and turning on the computer is one of the first things I do after getting through the business of waking up - yeah! to get connected to the web!

And switch on the tv. of course.

Actually, that is the first thing we do in the morning.

Typical morning in the yelokm household -

Alarm (time set to ring at 7am): brrrrrrrrng!!!!
lainey: what time is it???!!
okm: 7am

then okm will reach for the remote control. turn on tv. de-dum de-dum de-dum .... the today show music plays

I recently learned that there are more tv's than people in many american households.

In this household, the ratio of tv to people is 1:1. That is 2 tvs amigos. I've also met some americans who do not watch tv (JWs and non-JWs) which was quite shocking to me - I mean - this is the USA ... land of cheers and friends.

Well, I guess that's one of the nice things about this country.
People have the freedom to live how they want to live. It's produced some really weird types of course ... but as long as they're not serial killers, skin heads, etc. I guess it's ok.

I'm getting hungry. going to find some brekkie now. ciao and have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

u sound so chirpily cheerful at such an early hour in the morning!! it won't happen for me..!

remember to get warm in such cold weather! :)