09 April 2007

Easter Weekend

What was supposed to be a work weekend (for okm) turned out to be a really nice and peaceful one because B canceled last minute. I considered it a bonus b'day present to have the long weekend house-guest free. :D

We did several 'new' and several regular things this weekend.

1. New makan places

- Carburritos @ Chapel Hill. Got 2nd time lucky and found the restaurant this time. The first time we went searching we ended up around the corner at a restaurant called Spotted Dog. I was very happy with my Pescado Asado Burrito.

- Spice and Curry @ Junction of highway 54/55. South-Indian cuisine. I was impressed with the variety, they had gulab jamun (!) and idli (!) ... but no dhosai (!) Heard that there are better Indian restaurants in Cary but this was pretty good by our standards - we both had 3 'rounds' each.

2. Shopping
I certainly do not count shopping or hanging out at the mall as a regular activity of mine. Thankfully, most people are not like me because the economy would really suffer. However, I braved the crowds this weekend for a lovely pair of sandals and also for some wedding decor research. I went to 'Michaels' a craft shop that should be renamed 'Tzuanne'. :D

3. Movies
We watched Blades of Glory together. Okm watched Grindhouse as well. Blades of Glory was typical Will Farrell stupid/laugh out loud funny. It pokes fun at figure skating and skaters. Very OTT. All I can say about Grindhouse is that it's very long (double feature) so remember to go the the bathroom before the movie.

4. Sun-Rise Service
We woke up at 5.30am for our first Easter Sunday Sun-Rise Service this year. It was held at the Sarah P Duke Garden's - a beautiful setting. However, it was abit of a challenge to truly appreciate the service/sermon/music as it was sooooooo cold (33F). We sat on the metal chairs freezing our butts off. Literally. After the service which was an hour, we rushed to Elmo's Diner for a hot breakfast.


"God almighty first planted a garden and
indeed it is the purest of human pleasures."
Francis Bacon, R.P.R to E.S.R. -1992


5. 3 little Crocos
Martha invited us to their place for Easter Dinner (Lunch). I wore my purple crocs to meet her nieces - 3 little Crocos who were dressed in pretty pastel easter dresses and hats.

0 comments: