(NO Spoilers)
I JUST finished reading book 7 (11.50pm 21/7/07)!!! It's been such a long day - beginning from 12.01am when the book was released. I didn't pre-order the book but went to Barnes and Noble to join in the festivities last night. The pic above is of me with one of the Gringott Goblins at the HP Soiree. It was kinda surreal and exciting to see the likes of Quirrell and Hermione amongst others from the HP gang in the bookstore. B&N was super packed - did not stay long. Decided earlier that I'd wait to get the book from Target on Saturday 8am as I didn't want to stay up the whole night reading plus we had a baby shower to attend this morning. But between the shower, an afternoon nap and a friend's visit this evening, I was able to put in a good 10 hours of reading. Yeah!
Still can't believe that we've come to the end of the series ...
What can I say ... it's been fun following the adventures of Harry and his friends at Hogwarts the last 10 years. Deathly Hallows does not disappoint - and it's definitely the most action packed book in the series. I did not rush through it - but it was not possible to stagger the reading over several days because it's such a PAGE Turner. Unlike OOTP which was so ho hum - this was very hard to put down. Must confess that I skipped most of the middle section of OOTP and read from last chapter back a few. (The movie was a million times better.) Now that, I did not do with DH - read it cover to cover, all 759 pages :P
I JUST finished reading book 7 (11.50pm 21/7/07)!!! It's been such a long day - beginning from 12.01am when the book was released. I didn't pre-order the book but went to Barnes and Noble to join in the festivities last night. The pic above is of me with one of the Gringott Goblins at the HP Soiree. It was kinda surreal and exciting to see the likes of Quirrell and Hermione amongst others from the HP gang in the bookstore. B&N was super packed - did not stay long. Decided earlier that I'd wait to get the book from Target on Saturday 8am as I didn't want to stay up the whole night reading plus we had a baby shower to attend this morning. But between the shower, an afternoon nap and a friend's visit this evening, I was able to put in a good 10 hours of reading. Yeah!
Still can't believe that we've come to the end of the series ...
What can I say ... it's been fun following the adventures of Harry and his friends at Hogwarts the last 10 years. Deathly Hallows does not disappoint - and it's definitely the most action packed book in the series. I did not rush through it - but it was not possible to stagger the reading over several days because it's such a PAGE Turner. Unlike OOTP which was so ho hum - this was very hard to put down. Must confess that I skipped most of the middle section of OOTP and read from last chapter back a few. (The movie was a million times better.) Now that, I did not do with DH - read it cover to cover, all 759 pages :P


3 comments:
You another MARATHON reader!! I'm reading it slowly to savour (if i succeed..!)
and so nice to be able to join in the HP celebration.
my bloomsbury edition is only 607 pages!
i so agree with you about OOTP!
heya cousin! i finished it on 21st july itself- before my flight back to Brisbane on 22nd.
how can you NOT finish it right? such a page turner.
Post a Comment