09 September 2006

Fit Again!

The weather’s still warm enuf for a swim but it won’t be long before we’ll have to button up/glove up. And how do I know? COS ... golf/tennis seasons are ending and football season has just started. In other words – Summer’s over and Fall's begun. Summer officially ended on last Monday … Labor Day, one of the FIVE work holidays in a year. There’s New Year (1), Independence Day (1), Labor Day (1), Thanksgiving (2) and Christmas (1). So pathetic … compared to the gazillions of public holidays in Malaysia. Hehe. See, in someways … we are a whole lot more ‘progressive’!

Labor day also marked the end my break from the gym. Can’t remember why I missed my spin class on Tuesday now. and muscle pump on Wednesday too. (oh – probably a combination of laziness and a work deadline). Thurday - I went to support the Aussie women’s basketball team in a friendly match against USA which was played at Cameron Indoor Stadium. (USA won, Aussie women put up a good fight)

Then came FRIDAY morning – 5.30am to be precise. Telephone rings … and we’re wondering, “What the …??!” It was M calling to say that she was on her way to pick me up for spin … SH--!!! Got ready in 10 mins, stuffed shoes into my gym bag – didn’t even put on my contact lenses. Not sure how I made it thru the 1-hr class and I was sleepy the rest of the day … BUT now, I can say I’m FIT again! (almost!)

0 comments: