23 June 2007

Camera follies

I'm an owner of a new Nikon camera now. A cute little point and shoot swivel camera with 10x zoom or something crazy like that. I'm quite fascinated by the swivel thing - can't wait to shoot some weird angles. It's supposed to arrive by UPS this week.


Check out 2 of the last shots taken on my old Olympus camera before it decided to give up on me right in front of Angkor Wat! Talk about bad timing ...

In order to satisfy my need to take photos - at this incredibly photogenic site, I got a disposable camera from the tourist shop - at a bloody rip-off price(15USD) but beggars can't be choosers :P
The main difficulty was making 40 exposures stretch over 3 days of sight seeing - Unfortunately, the quality of the photos are not worth digitizing. (Actually, only approx half of the photos were developed because I forgot to turn on the flash)

Nevertheless, I had a wonderful time exploring the temple ruins. Perhaps not being able to click away allowed me to truly experience the spaces because I wasn't constantly framing views through the lens.

Siem Reap, home of the Angkor temples was certainly a highlight of my vacation - and will get it's own post later.


at the national park entrance




zipping to the temples in a tuk-tuk

2 comments:

HL said...

what happened to your olympus? mine is still fully-functional... so no excuse for eyeing that lumix in the shop (altho I look at it everytime I walk by :p).

lainey said...

the lens got stuck ...! and i guess it was time to get a new camera ;)