22 January 2006

Can't quit ya

Gave in to all the hype and finally went to watch Brokeback Mountain. It was very good and I won’t say anything beyond that it is NOT a gay cowboy movie. Okm and I went with another couple. The guys actually contemplated watching Underworld II next door!?
But post movie, everyone agreed that it was well worth watching – 2 thumbs up.

Can’t believe it’s the end of the weekend. It was a very nice relaxing one. It rained miserably most of the 2 days. I slept in on both mornings and didn’t do any CNY shopping as planned. So no new clothes. Boo hoo. Although, I did get some pink tracks … well, I’ve been going to the gym pretty frequently and I needed some more. I have 2 black ones and 1 blue. Pink’s not too bad if you team it with a white or grey top.

Saturday afternoon (instead of going shopping), Martha and I went to the Nasher Art Museum – to check out the architecture as well as the Nasher collection. The museum was designed by Rafael Vinoly – cubic sculptural forms amidst lush green landscape. The collection itself was rather eclectic though nonetheless impressive. There were several ancient artefacts and baroque paintings but most pieces are from the modern to current era; a small number of them commissioned – eg. several Moore sculptures and a series of Andy Warhol silk screens of the Nasher women.

0 comments: