Had couple of friends over for dinner this weekend - no reports of any food poisoning yet ...
Anyways, I decided to do fajitas - taking a leaf out fatboybakes. Easy peasy. Almost everything was improvised store bought stuff :P
First, rotisserie chicken from SAM's. Then 2 different tomato based salsas mixed together with some cilantro. Salsa verde, jalapenos and sour cream straight from the bottle. Guacamole (also bought) mixed with some lemon juice for extra zing. Mexican rice (from the box) - cooked in rice cooker with my own 'secret' seasoning, more rice, diced tomatoes and frozen veg. Tortillas (store bought and warmed in the oven). The only 'real' cooking was done by okm - who fried some sliced onions and peppers! Oh - I also made a wakame salad. And for desert we had grapes and New York Superfudge Chunk (BnJ's).
I must say the table looked very pretty and it was all very stress-free. I even had time to go for a swim in the evening.
And when everyone had left, we loaded all the dirty dishes/glasses/silverware into the dishwasher. :D
28 August 2006
Lazy Dinner Party
Posted by lainey at 8/28/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment