A long hot shower ... and my nerves are still frazzled from this evening's ordeal with Parfait the cat!
Relieved and just plain happy to be sitting here in front of our living room tv as okm's programmed the bedroom tv to tivo the survivor finale (i'm rooting for ozzy/okm's rooting for yul - we'll watch together on Tuesday)
Well, the weekend began well enough ...
Went to the office christmas dinner on Friday night. I had a great time - good food/wine and spectacular view from the top floor of what's got to be one of Durham's tallest buildings (17 floors). It was a pretty warm night - which is unusual for this time of the year. In fact, the last couple of days have felt more like spring which is kinda annoying 'cos I need an excuse to wear my new boots. Today I had on t-shirt and jeans and sandals.
Saturday morning, got up early to send okm to the airport (he's in dc now - miss u baby). On the way to the airport, we stopped by Parfait's house to check that he had enough food and water. Spent the rest of the morning tidying up my apartment - vacummed, dusted and folded a massive pile of laundry. I dislike housework but not more than a messy/dirty house. Thankfully, okm does the cooking and washing up, throwing trash ... but I prefer the way I fold laundry. :D
Tried to nap after lunch but wasn't tired enough so I went to the mall to join in the hustle and bustle of christmas shoppers. Got a bunch of cool stuff for the apartment, nothing for myself ... going to wait till after Christmas (that's when you get really good deals). I was pretty pathetic Saturday evening - instant noodles in front of the tv (hey - not quite diff from tonite actually ...)
Slept in this morning and then drove over to the P-N's place for brunch - cheesy grits, biscuits, sausage and eggs - B's a wonderful cook and I probably ate too much as usual. I'm helping them with their house renovations so we spent the rest of the morning refining some of the layout and surveying the existing conditions. Later on, we decorated the christmas tree - with our combined efforts, it took more than an hour to coverthe 8' tall pine with lights and ornaments ...
By the time I got home, it was past 3 and i was waaaaaaaaaaay tired. Fell asleep while watching a gingerbread competition on the food network zzzzzz. When I woke up, it was dark outside (a reminder that it's winter afterall inspite of the spring-like weather) eventhough it wasn't thhaaaaaaat late - only 6pm. Decided to go visit Parfait as I had to attend an opening tomorrow after work. Parfait's owner said that it was ok to go visit just every other day.
When I got there, the poor thing was sitting in the dark (don't they have an timer ...?) I think he was feeling really lonely 'cos he kept following me everywhere - rubbing against my leg and turning over, purring. I don't interpret cat language but he seemed pretty stressed. Finally ... when it was time to leave, he wouldn't let me cross the living room to get to the door. Not sure how I managed to escape but I did (!)... although not without sustaining a couple of scratches. (didn't have the usual winter armour)
After making my 'getaway', I ran to my car, got in and locked the door ... my hands were shaking!!!!!!!! I drove aimlessly to 2 different places before deciding to get some sushi for dinner.
Seriously. After this, i'm pretty sure i do NOT want to have pets. Mebbe fish. But no dogs or cats. I'd be a baaaaaaaad pet owner. I wouldn't be able to give them the attention, care and love they need.
OK. Going to get something STRONG to drink now.
17 December 2006
HOSTAGE
Posted by lainey at 12/17/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment